Saturday, June 19, 2010

...and I'm over it

Day 1 with the Excavator was Epic!
Day 2 with the Excavator was Great!
Day 3 with the Excavator was a Learning Experience
Day 4 with the Excavator was Productive
Today with the Excavator was Pure Torture.



I put about 7 hours on the excavator today, and I don't really feel like I am much closer. I managed to move a whole bunch of dirt from one side of the pad to the other.... sure, I dug it out... but it didn't go very far away.

I am extremely fortunate to have this tool at my disposal, and it will end up saving me around $10,000 when all is said and done... but I can't help but feel like someone with some experience could have gotten this done MUCH faster.

I managed to borrow a self-leveling laser this weekend and have used it extensively. I don't know how the REAL contractors use it.. but I basically picked a spot on the lower road to be "grade" and have been digging down to that point everywhere on the pad. I dig, measure, paint, dig, measure, paint etc. etc. It was a LONG day...

...and I'm over it

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you one bit, that looks like a lot of work!! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete