Rhi and I spent the better part of Friday afternoon with a 200ft tape measure and a few misc. stakes, trying to plan where the house was going to sit. I would venture a guess that 90% of our time was spent trying to figure out where the back yard and the garden was going to go, and only 10% was devoted to house placement.
After all was said and done, we managed to stake out all 4 corners of the house... and I think it's about 95% accurate. We're still waiting on Adair to come out and do the final grade analysis to determine how much dirt we have to remove... but this was a good waste of time!
NW Corner of the house. The house goes from here, down to the lower section.
View from the Kitchen sink
NE Corner of the house. House would take up most of this photo to the right of the stake.
Yesterday, my Dad and I spent some time review the home placement as a sort of reality check. It turns out Rhi and I did a good job placing the house, as we didn't have to move it at all.
We did spend some time staking out the 36' x 48' shop! It will be tucked back in the corner by the power lines. And hopefully it will be tall enough to block out some of that power-line view!